Welcome to DIY Sunday! For many of us, Sunday’s, especially in the evenings, are a time of growing anxiety, thanks to good old Mondays peaking right around the corner.
What better way to relax and melt away any unnecessary tension than a little homemade spa time?
Every Sunday here on the blog you’ll find an easy, clean beauty DIY recipe to add a little indulgence to your pre-work week ritual.
Check back every Sunday for a new beauty routine or ritual to help you relax – face masks, lotions, oils, and more, all made from clean, natural, botanical ingredients.
Ready to get started? Let’s go!
With summer quickly approaching, it’s time to give your facial skin a little extra love. The change of seasons can be rough on our skin, and a little extra attention is in order. This week we’re making a Coconut Milk + Honey Soothing Face Mask.
This is a gentle mask, brimming with goodness for your tired skin.
Feeling and smelling like a true spa experience, this mask is chock full of amazing ingredients that work together to reveal a truly glowing visage.
- Honey works to unclog pores and soften skin. It also helps to gently exfoliate- honey is a real powerhouse when it comes to achieving a glowing complexion.
- Coconut Milk moisturizes & soothes, and aids in maintaining the elasticity of the skin.
- Coconut Palm Sugar adds super tiny organic granules to the equation for extra exfoliating power.
- Yogurt contains lactic acid which tightens & softens the skin while leading to a brighter complexion.
- And Kaolin Clay is the most versatile and mild of the cosmetic clays, is great for sensitive skin and does not draw oil from the skin yet helps to stimulate circulation.
It is suitable for all skin types. The perfect blend of soothing & hydrating, exfoliating and cleansing & clarifying. Sounding like just the thing you need?
Here’s how to make it:
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tbsp Kaolin Clay
- ½ tbsp Coconut Milk Powder (preferred) OR Coconut Milk
- ½ tbsp Honey (Raw and Local is best!)
- 1 tsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp Plain Yogurt
- Optional: ½ tbsp mashed banana for extra hydration + complexion clearing benefits
In a bowl, add all ingredients and mix well. If using coconut milk powder, you will need an extra “activator” to create a paste with the mask. You can simply use water or try a nourishing oil like coconut oil or jojoba oil. Slowly combine with the activator of choice until desired consistency is achieved.
Apply the mask to clean skin and allow to sit on the skin for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and a washcloth, then gently pat dry to reveal beautifully hydrated and toned skin! Don’t forget to follow with a light moisturizer.