The options for sustainable and health-conscious beauty products is rapidly growing, as consumers shift away from toxic ingredients and harmful chemicals. At its core, the clean beauty movement focuses on providing safe products that are environmentally sustainable and transparent in their ingredients.
Here are the new product launches in the clean beauty space and some good news for consumers concerned about harmful ingredients in their beauty and personal care products.
California passes two historic bills to clean up the beauty and personal care market
Two new bills have been passed that ban 24 toxic chemicals from use by personal care and cosmetic companies in California.
- The Toxic-Free Cosmetics Act, Assembly Bill 2762, which bans 24 toxic ingredients, including mercury and formaldehyde, from the beauty and personal care products.
- The Cosmetic Fragrance and Flavor Ingredient Right to Know Act of 2020 (SB312-Leyva) into law, “making California the first government in the world to require the public disclosure of hazardous fragrance and flavor ingredients.”
The bills also dictate that companies must disclose harmful ingredients in their products by 2022. This is fantastic news for the clean beauty market, as sales ramp up for companies who are meeting the demand for healthy, natural, and clean personal care items.
1. Haeckel’s Bio Restore Membrane. This is an all-natural product that is completely waste-free, from packaging to product. It is an eye mask that is grown to order, ensuring that there is no byproduct waste. It is made out of agar cells extracted from English seaweed, infused with cucumber, witch hazel, and aloe vera. The ingredients are fused and left to grow together, then dehydrated, laser-cut, and shipped out.
2. Camila Coelho’s Elaluz All Day Beauty Water & Plant-Based Beauty Oil. The all day beauty water uses antioxidant-rich Brazilian guarana and papaya extracts for exfoliation. It also contains bataua fruit oil which is rich in unsaturated fatty acids for all day skin moisture. The beauty oil is infused with cupuacu oil, cacay oil, and buriti fruit oil, which moisturizes, repairs, rebuilds, and rehydrates the skin.
3. Aurelia’s CBD Super Serum + Probiotics. This super serum contains pure crystallized CBD isolate and Aurelia’s powerful probiotic formula to promote collagen production and reduce cellular damage. Also comes with a splash of hyaluronic acid which is filled with antioxidants to reduce inflammation and improve your skin’s texture.
4. Innersense Organic Beauty. This company’s product line up is all about pure, clean beauty. Their most recent product, the true enlightenment scalp scrub, is a pre-cleanse exfoliation treatment formulated from Hawaiian red salt, which is rich in minerals and volcanic clay.
5. Elixinol’s Vegan Skincare Product Lineup. This is a gender-neutral, recyclable packaging, all natural and gentle product lineup, containing restorative ingredients like hemp seed oil, chamomile, aloe vera, shea butter, rose hip extract, and avocado oil. These are marketed as cannabinoid products which means they offer anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and antioxidant properties. Expect a cleansing balm, skin tonic, day cream, eye contour, face mask, rejuvenating serum, and a miracle oil from the lineup.
6.Saie’s Slip Cover. This is a new tinted moisturizer product from Saie that contains a broad-spectrum SPF of 35. It is the first “foundation” style product from the brand and is available in 9 color shades. It uses a 100% mineral sunscreen, contains hyaluronic acid, licorice, sweet pea, and aloe vera. It does not contain silicone dimethicone or any fragrance.
7. Skyn Iceland Releases Arctic Repair Cream. The new arctic repair cream by Skyn, is their first full-body cream that commits the brand to a company-wide stance on using only clean ingredients. The arctic repair cream nourishes the skin, soothes out cracks, flakes, and dull skin, while hydrating with phytonutrients and age-fighting antioxidants. Ingredients include gooseberry extract, colloidal oatmeal, and arctic oils.
8. Java Skin Care Releases Sexy Serum. The new sexy serum out of Java Skin Care is all about infusing organic green coffee with argan oil to create a unique tasteless, odorless, and all-natural formula with a silky feel. It creates exciting sensations and does not need to be removed after use.
9. January Labs Launches an 11 Product Lineup. January Labs is launching 11 new products at Neiman Marcus, including advanced eye technology, a sensitive retinol formula, a triple active reclaiming serum, as well as, a revitalizing day cream, retexturizing night cream, a pure & gentle cleansing gel, and four kits that are exclusive to Neiman Marcus.